Code of Conduct
Effective date: 2.23.2023
Coaching and Community Guidelines
GET THRIVING is dedicated to helping people turn their survival tools into thrival tools to create a life of love, joy, and adventure. That means we are VERY STRICT about providing a safe, private, harassment-free experience for everyone.
That Means Everyone and Everywhere
This code of conduct applies to all GET THRIVING spaces, including public channels, private channels, threads, direct messages, voice rooms, comment sections, and live events, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be immediately expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the administrators.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. We encourage Thrivers to be BOLDLY VULNERABLE and that requires creating a safe environment.
Respect privacy. This is a circle of TRUST. Please do not share the names of people in this community. Do not share other people’s stories.
No recordings. In general, we will NOT record community sessions (and will clearly indicate if any session is recorded). Because PRIVACY is vital to create a safe experience for all of us, so we ask that you do not take any pictures, videos, or audio, without our express permission.
No soliciting. To create community, we need to get to know and trust each other. So please don’t spam the groups or send unsolicited emails to others in the groups.
We are often dealing with heavy and sensitive topics in our groups, and you may get triggered by something someone else says. Assume the other person has good intentions. We ask that you choose behavior that is supportive and kind, such as:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the overall community
- Showing empathy and support towards other community member
- Speaking up immediately if you hear harassing language
- Keeping discussions clean
We ask that you be sensitive and recognize that many of our members have experienced sexual abuse. While we may discuss intimacy and sexuality in a healing context, we ask that you refrain from sharing sexual images, having sexual discussions, or exhibiting sexual behavior in spaces / contexts where they're not appropriate. This includes physical contact and even textual descriptions like "kisses" or "backrub," especially after a request to stop. If you would like to start a discussion about sex or intimacy, or if you feel you may be entering into someone else’s physical or emotional personal space, please ask permission FIRST.
GET Thriving will not tolerate harassment of any kind. Examples of harassment include:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, pregnancy status, veteran status, political affiliation, marital status, body size, age, race, national origin, ethnic origin, nationality, immigration status, language, religion or lack thereof, or other identity marker, including anti-Indigenous/Nativeness and anti-Blackness.
- Jokes that resemble the above, such as "hipster racism", still count as harassment even if meant satirically or ironically.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person's lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, relationships, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering, using inappropriate pronouns, or use of "dead" names.
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Inappropriate sexual images, discussions, or behaviors.
- Threats of violence or intimidation.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual or group, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Stalking or following - online or in the physical world.
- Unapproved photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Deliberate "outing" of any aspect of a person's identity without their consent.
- Publication of private communication.
If you have questions or concerns about these issues, please feel free to message an admin or ask for an opportunity to explore the issue with us.
Make your own mental and physical health a priority. GET Thriving does not provide mental health or medical advice. GET Thriving is not responsible for any effect or reaction you may experience from using the services or content provided by us, our partners or other members of the community.
- Consult your mental health or medical professional before using our services - and always follow their advice
- Do not STOP medications, treatments or therapies without approval from your doctor.
- Do not START new medications, treatment or therapies without approval from your doctor.
- Carefully evaluate any advice received from us or other community members
- STOP if you are experiencing strong emotions or feeling triggered by past trauma.
- Certain exercises like meditations and PQ reps should only be done in a safe environment, never while driving or in any situation where diverting your attention may create an unsafe condition
By participating, you agree to take complete responsibility for your own physical/mental health and emotional well-being. It is up to you to independently assess any decisions, actions or inactions, resulting from or relating to the website, community, or coaching experience.
If you are being harassed by a member of our community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the administrators via [email protected].
The admin team will respond to any complaint as promptly as possible we can. If you do not get a timely response (for example, if no admins are currently online) then please put your personal safety and well-being first, and consider logging out and/or contacting the admins by email at [email protected].
This code of conduct applies to our community's spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of our community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by our members, especially the administrators, seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The administrative team reserves the right to exclude people from the community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside of our spaces and behavior towards people who are not in this community.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
Every code of conduct violation report will be treated with seriousness and care. If a member's immediate safety and security is threatened, an individual admin may take any action that they deem appropriate, up to and including temporarily banning the offender from the community. In less urgent situations, at least two admins will discuss the offense and mutually arrive at a suitable response, which will be shared with the offender privately. Whatever the resolution that they decide upon, the decision of the admins involved in a violation case will be considered final.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we've received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of our members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the administrators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the community and identification of the participant as a harasser to other members. At the discretion of the admins, or by request, one or more of the parties involved may request to discuss the violation and how to avoid similar situations in the future.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this Code of Conduct, please contact us:
- By email: [email protected]
- By mail: GET Thriving, LLC 1150 S Colony Way, Suite 3, #563, Palmer AK 99645